5 health hacks to help you see BIG changes in one year!
Like they say, how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.
Small and simple things you add to your daily routine will help make a big difference in the long term. All you need to do is be a little better than the you that you were yesterday. Through out the year so many changes will have happened without you even noticing, and you’ll have family asking you what you’ve been doing when you catch up next Christmas. With that being said, here are five easy health hacks to help you stay on track and see results this year.
- Move while you’re watching TV: Do push-ups, crunches, squats or stretch during the commercials. Just stay active. Did you know that you use more energy to sleep than to watch TV… Scary.
- Rewards: Rather than rewarding yourself with unhealthy food, try swapping out that reward instead with new workout clothes, a new water bottle, or a monthly massage! This will help shift your mindset from using food as a reward system too. Win win.
- Eat Slowly! It takes your body 20 minutes to realize it’s full. Take your time, chew each mouthful at least 20 times and really taste your food. I’m working on being more mindful while I eat – I tell ya, this is a powerful thing to have in your arsenal. When you eat slowly, you won’t end up at the point where you are unbuttoning your pants as your body will have time t register that you are full.
- Sign up for an event to keep you accountable. Get a few friends together and sign up for an event. There are hundreds of events to choose from..You can pick anything from a fun run, to an obstacle course to a marathon! Choose something, sign up, and train with a friend. The event will help keep you both accountable, and you’ll be working towards something tangible. Plus you’ll get a medal, trophy or t shirt for finishing most events. Weeeow.
- Use healthier food swaps. Rather than using butter when cooking, try olive or coconut oil. If you use a lot of condiments on your food, try swapping out tomato sauce, mayo, and sour cream for mustard, hot sauce, or natural yoghurt. Love pasta? Swap it out for quinoa or rice pasta. Make it a challenge to find little ways to make your meals healthier.
Every little step counts. Every single decision you make will either take you away from your goal or bring you closer… Which health hacks will you choose?