I wanted to share my best tips with you for how to live a more active, healthy life. These are all super easy to add into your day. Although simple, it all adds up and could be the difference you see in your clothes/on the scale.
- When watching TV, add in 10 star jumps during every commercial break. Advanced option: push ups. These mini workouts will add in more fitness throughout your day without you even realising it!
- Park further away, or take the stairs. Whether you’re heading to work or running errands, aim to park in a spot further away rather than one that is close to the door. Get in those extra steps!
- At work, if you’re on a conference call or spend a lot of time on the phone, try to get up and walk around, or try sitting on a stability ball which will work your core. This will help offset sitting down all day if you work a desk job.
- Do work around the backyard or house. Cleaning, doing gardening or tidying the shed are easy ways to knock out two birds with one stone. You’ll be productive and get things checked off of your to-do list, all while being more active.
- Drink more water! Aim to get more H2O in, drink more tea, and eat fruits that are made up of lots of water, like watermelon, cucumber, and strawberries. (Sometimes we overeat because we are thirsty, not because we are hungry – guilty!!)
Try adding these simple five tips to your day and watch them add up over time. Before you know it, you’ll be healthy and have more energy! Which of these will you be adding into your day? Let me know in the comments below!